Tuesday, July 15, 2008

An Introduction

I have a LiveJournal for personal bitchings and a group blog for sharing the tales of my summer, but I've nowhere for political rants or serious discussion of issues that matter to me, from network television's fall line-up to sexism and racism. At least, I didn't until now. This is the place where I talk about the things I find interesting and the things that bug me. I'll talk television, race, gender, politics, education, and a boatload of other things, possibly all at the same time.

A brief description of me: I'm a 21 year-old African-American female from the Southeast, currently enrolled in university, pursuing a Bachelor's in English with a Certificate in Theater. I love television and am currently addicted to crime shows and science fiction, though hardcore sci-fi fans would probably scorn me for preferring Stargate Atlantis to Battlestar Galactica. I also have a bit of a soft spot for teen shows; I was addicted to the first few seasons of Dawson's Creek when they originally aired, and I won't even get into my irrational love for Degrassi: The Next Generation.

There are many more things I could say, but most of them are not relevant to this blog at the moment, so I shall sign off for now, and hope to return with interesting tidbits at a later date.

No comments: