Thursday, October 16, 2008

J. Mac, What?

Okay, I'll admit I missed the first airing of the debate tonight. I helped with auditions for a show and then there was senior pub night (when the University foots the tab at a local bar; it's fairly awesome). I'll also admit that I'm mildly tipsy right now, and it's entirely possible that I'm hearing things wrong. But it sounds like John McCain just dismissed the accusations that he has used racially coded/othering language that harks back to Civil Rights era racism in his campaign and then he took Obama to task for not defending him against such accusations. And a few minutes later, McCain defended the hate-filled comments made by supporters at his rallies by invoking military wives and veterans?

J. Mac, what kind of fuckery is this? Who told you this was alright to say? And can I punch that person in the face? J. Mac, your advisors will never tell you this, but you need to know: Bullshit like this = NOT OKAY.

No comments: